Eurochambres fa proprie la maggior parte delle raccomandazioni dello studio ADR Center
L’Associazione che riunisce 1.700 Camere di Commercio europee e ben 20.000.000 imprese invita la Commissione europea ad adottare il modello italiano di mediazione. Il Position Paper appena pubblicato da Eurochambres consiglia infatti di adottare i capisaldi del modello italiano.
<<When mediation is made “mandatory” through a contractual clause, a decision of the judge or the law,
- foresee that the obligation for the parties will be limited to the good faith participation in a meeting with the mediator where the applicability of mediation to the specific case will be explored. In all cases, parties will be allowed to “walk away” at any time and at reasonable cost. Parties in a conflict shall never be obliged to reach an agreement or sign a memorandum of understanding at the end of the mediation process.
- make sanctions possible for parties’ refusals to attend the first mediation meeting without justification, such as holding these parties liable for litigation costs even if they prevail in the subsequent trial of the case.
- Require parties who refuse to participate in mediation to provide a reason for this refusal.
- Provide incentives for parties who choose to mediate, such as public subsidies (legal aid), fiscal incentives or refunds of court fees.
- Require counsels to inform parties about mediation as an alternative to litigation when relevant and enforce penalties for lawyers who fail to do so.>>